Satyam Shivam Sundaram Meditation School With Parimukti Yoga School Goa Offers RYS 200 Hours Certified Yin Yoga Teacher Training in Mandrem, Arambol Beach, Goa, India
Yin yoga is getting a whole lot more attention these days. Why? Possibly because our “yang” dominated modern life calls for more balance.
Yin yoga is based on the Taoist concept of yin and yang – which are the polar opposite, yet complementary principles we see everywhere in nature. Yin is represented as darkness and femininity; whereas Yang is bright, light, and masculine. Yin is the stable, unmoving, hidden aspects of things; yang is the changing, moving, revealing aspect. Yin is rest; Yang is activity.
Yin yoga is equally beneficial for those who are tired and craving energy, as well as for those who are over-stimulated and have too much energy. Some of the health benefits of a regular Yin yoga practice include:
• A Calm and balanced mind and body
• Reduced stress and anxiety
• Increased circulation
• Improved flexibility
• Released fascia and improved joint mobility
• Balanced internal organs
• Improved flow of chi or prana
A general Yin yoga class consists of a series of long-held (up to five minutes, plus!), passive floor poses that mainly work the lower part of the body – the hips, pelvis, inner thighs, as well as the lower spine, because these are the areas of the body that are especially rich in connective tissues. In yin yoga we still work on our flexibility, but we also integrate the ancient wisdom of the acupuncture meridians, and the flow of chi, in a mindfulness-based, meditative yoga practice.
In the asana practice, the targeted area is the fascial system, which is a nylon-like substance that connects every part of the body, giving support and stability, yet allowing for flexibility and motion. The emphasis is on applying positive stress to rejuvenate and awaken our connective tissues, ligaments, tendons and joints: the parts of the body which normally are not focused on in other physical, dynamic and muscular practices.
As taught in the Taoist / Zen tradition, we emphasise the value of breath, meditation and intuition, versus ritual worship or rigorous following of old scriptures and rigid alignment. Much more important is how it feels, instead of how it looks.
The practice focuses on three tattvas or principles:
– “playing our edges”
– “remaining still” and
– “holding a pose for a long time.”
While initially, yin yoga can appear boring or passive, there is actually quite a challenge in finding one’s edge in each pose, as well as in maintaining technique whilst holding the poses. During the process, we practice Taoist mindfulness principles while transforming our deepest level of fascial tension. We tune in by riding the edges of our sensations with a gentle, flowing “Dan Tien” breath, – like a surfer riding the waves of the ocean.
Here is a practice that provides a gateway to emotional healing and the releasing of energetic blockages. As we put out bodies into specific positions, the different meridian energy streams and acupuncture points get stimulated, and we activate our body’s own healing powers. We learn to refresh, rejuvenate and awaken our chi.
In the Yin Yoga Teacher Training, prepare to go on a journey through all the Taoist elements. You will gain knowledge of the ancient wisdom of the main acupuncture meridians and chi flow in the body. You will receive insights into each element and the correlating acupuncture meridians and organs. You will learn how to apply body acupressure points and yin yoga poses to help balance those points. You will be introduced to additional tools such as different meditation techniques to support this process. You will learn about the power of visualisation and breath practices, yoga nidra, mantras, mudras and the chakras.
We will highlight yoga’s buzzword fascia in a concrete and accessible way, as well as deepen your understanding of the anatomy of the muscular and skeletal body, the concept of compression versus tension in joints, and their ways of movement.
To complete basic understanding of yoga in all its variations we will also discuss the Ayurvedic Dosha system, as well as introduce yoga philosophy and its foundations through the study of the Eight Limbs of Yoga, and Patanjalis yoga sutras.
Each day will include a balance of both active, dynamic, yang style yoga classes, as well as more yin like practices such as meditations, acupuncture healing circles, sound healing sessions, mindful nature walks and kirtans.
This program is registered with, and meets the established standards of, the American Yoga Alliance (YA) Association. Completing our program will allow you to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200hr RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher).
Come join us as we create a safe space to learn, connect and share. Together we can open the gates to a long lasting transformation.
RYS 200 Hours Certified Yin Yoga Teacher Training Program Content
- Definitions and theory of Yin yoga.
- Chi & the meridian flow in the body.
- yin / yang / chi defined.
- 5 Taoist elements.
- 12 primary traditional Chinese Medicine organs & meridians.
- The functional aspects in the asanas.
- mindfulness meditation.
- Practice of yin yoga
- 25 regular yin yoga asanas.
- additional upper body poses, wall poses and modifications
- target areas.- element-based sequences – special situations
The art of teaching yin Yoga
Self-healing Methods & Techniques Related to Yin Yoga.
– acupressure points for each meridian / asana
– anatomy of the mind – the principles and the how-to of mindfulness
– the power of visualisation & the Dan Tien breath
– basics of Ayurveda – know your own Dosha combination
Daily yang yoga practice
– morning class of different dynamic yang styles of yoga
– muscular and skeletal system
– understanding fascia
– compression vs tension,
– joints and their movements
Yoga philosophy and basic foundations
– history and people
– 8 limbs of yoga
– Patanjali yoga sutras
– pranayama practices
– a variety of meditations
– yoga nidra
– kirtan (bhakti yoga!)
– healing sessions
– circle of transformation
– mindful sunset walks
– + so much more
This Satyam Shivam Sundaram Yoga Meditation Schools RYS 200 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training will prepare you to introduce others to this style of yoga with confidence. You’ll have a solid foundation in asana, and feel confident to guide people using awareness, pranayama practices, mantras, meditation, relaxation techniques, and mindfulness. Most of all you’ll have an understanding of what the Yoga path is really all about. Successful graduates will be aware of their own unique presence, energy, message and teaching style. This Yin Yoga Teacher Training program is registered with, and meets the established standards of, the American Yoga Alliance (YA) Association. Completing our program will allow you to register with Yoga Alliance as a 200 Hours RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher).
RYS 200 Hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course Program Highlights
- With a meaningful and inspirational theoretical and practical approach, the training features:
- Daily practice of yin yoga as well as a dynamic yang style of yoga for your own self-practice.
- A solid foundation of yin yoga theory, asanas, breath awareness, mindfulness principles, the acupuncture meridians and Taoist elements.
- Functional, energetic, emotional and spiritual aspects of the asanas.
- Acupressure points in each asana.
- Anatomy, philosophy and the basic foundations and history of yoga.
- Sunset circles with a variety of meditation styles, yoga nidra and healing sessions.
- Hands-on experience and practice of teaching yin yoga.
What’s Requirements To Join This RYS 200 Hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training Program
● Preferably a minimum of 1 year yoga experience with a teacher in person (versus online)
● Absolute beginners are recommended to join the yoga teacher training course for a longer period of time, repeating the course at nominal cost, so that a strong foundation and an in depth knowledge of yoga and meditation is gained. It is our belief that the true body wisdom, empathy and experience of a teacher can only come from a sustained practice. A longer leisurely course will create a powerful physical, mental and spiritual transformation in yourself.
● Willingness to make a commitment to the full 4 weeks for studying and practicing yoga in depth
● serious interest in both practicing and teaching yin yoga and meditation.
● a desire for a life transforming experience and the readiness to work hard on self-growth
● an interest in understanding your body, your mind and your individual, unique self
●a willingness to pay the price for learning in your discipline, sweat, and in facing your own fears
● a sense of studentship – a willingness to learn from fellow teachers and students as well as to share your own wisdom
● a value for small group study (max 16 students per class) to get full feedback from teacher and make the training a personal journey above all.
● a healthy body and mind that is in reasonable physical health (not suffering from any major disease, condition or allergy, and not recovering from any serious surgeries or medical conditions)
Yin Yoga Teacher Training Schedule
- 07:30 – 9.00 Dynamic Yang Yoga Practice Session.
- 09:00 – 10:00 Healthy Vegetarian breakfast.
- 10:00 – 11:30 Theory of Yin Yoga & Daoist Elements & Acupuncture Meridians Session.
- 11.45 – 13:00 Yin Yoga Asana and Tools of Teaching Yin Yoga.
- 13:00 – 14:30 Healthy Vegetarian Lunch Break.
- 14:30 – 16:00 Yin Yoga Class (from second week sessions lead by students, art of teaching Yin Yoga)
- 16:15 – 17:30 Yoga Foundations, Philosophy and Anatomy session.
- 18:00 – 19:00 Evening Time Sunset Circle.
RYS 200 Hours Certified Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course In North Goa, India
- Prices are inclusive of Food, Shared Accommodation, all training manuals, airport pickup and Yoga Alliance Certificate.
- Friday 5th October To Tuesday 30th October 2018.
- Tuesday 6th November To Friday 30th November 2018.
- Wednesday 5th December – Sunday 30th December 2018.
- Saturday 5th January To Wednesday 30th January 2019.
- Tuesday 5th February To Saturday 2nd March 2019.
- Tuesday 5th March To Saturday 30th March 2019.
- Friday 5th April – Tuesday 30th April 2019.
- Blog Link for Last meditation teacher training Blog 1 – Meditation Teacher Training Blog 2
- Link for last 7 Years Workshops, Retreats & Training By Shiva Girish
- Watch Meditation Techniques Videos By Shiva Girish For Healers & Yoga Meditation Teachers.
- Address:Parimukti Yoga Center, Kanira Homes, Girkarwaddo, Arambol, 403524, Goa, India
- Regular Residential Course Price For Double Occupancy In Deluxe A/C Room : €1800 Euros – If Booked 3 months in Advance Birds Discount 150€ Euros.
- Regular Residential Course Price For Couple Or Book With Friend In Deluxe A/C Room : €3500 Euros – If Booked 3 months in Advance Birds Discount 200€ Euros.
- if you have any questions feel free to message us on whatsapp +917888206883
- Limited Seat Available – Write us email – satyamshivamsundaram2 @gmail.com (remove space) to check availability for upcoming training – Or Apply For Availability.